Lakie Grade 7s learn "Skills That Everyone Should Know" during Build Day
G.S. Lakie Middle School’s CTF Build Day included Grade 8 students, as Lakie partnered with Ascroft Homes. It was such a huge success, and the school decided to do something similar again.
This term, Grade 7s have been given an opportunity to experience/learn different skills.
On Wednesday, the school hosted another Build Day.
The theme of the day was, Skills That Everyone Should Know… OR Make a Career Out of it.
Lakie partnered with local businesses and the school district maintenance department to set up about a dozen stations. Students had the opportunity to choose their top five stations, and spend 20-30 minutes at each station throughout the morning. Students learned new skills and made valuable career connections.
Some stations included:
- Basic Vehicle Maintenance (Ascent Cycle)
- Building Raised Flower Beds (Burnco and ExpoCrete)
- Word Working and Power Tools (Lethbridge School District No. 51)
- Drywall Repair and Hanging Shelves (Lethbridge School District No. 51)
- Basic Electrical (Lethbridge School District No. 51)
- Basic Plumbing (Lethbridge School District No. 51)
- Painting and Staining
- Changing a Spare Tire (Elrich Tires).
Date posted: March 7, 2018